Sunday, August 24, 2008

Monoxide Detector/error



My discontent led to take, what is now I was, my best decision so far this year. Thus, grab my backpack, filled with sweaters, a pair of shirts, jeans, socks, another pair of shoes, more shelter, money ... what is strictly necessary, medication, a couple of books, a notebook and two pens, one blue and one black, a gold lock and my inseparable, "Mr. Pink teddy bear no name. "


is incredible, or at least in my case, I could get to meet on my journey. After the last hug I got in Santa Cruz.

The trip took 14 hours to reach my first destination, I thought so and decided to loose so much, achieved only a couple of hours sleep. Chat with some passengers, some I had to both the cost of some things to get to my destination, a particular person was telling me about your work, family and other daily life.

Meanwhile, in the fleet, he entered a seller of crafts, rings, necklaces and other nonsense. He accompanies us to offer products, my seatmate showed me that things "could be me", I with my usual behavior, simply smiled and said, "Thanks but no. I do not buy things then I will not use "

His friends who were sitting in the front seat, so angered him that when he was in line in front of me many steel rings with different designs, it was then that I noticed one that I was too big for the ring finger but nevertheless I am not perfect in the thumb, ask the price to buy it but would not let me pay ... or the Friends, much less the .

is so arrive at your destination with a doubly perfect gift, a perfect gift ... a perfect stranger. At stops

try to talk more, to know the place that we played for dinner, before the journey, while the night was darker and the stars were closer, while the moon shone strongly the way, still thinking in the decisions he had taken and where I needed to take. I decided

for example, with whom I want to be, that philosophy of life to take, I decided that my perfect place is where I am and that in 6 months ceases to be around here to follow my path as a world citizen. I understood that the friends I have now are those who will remember a lifetime, I realized to get to my first destination that suffer from "acute mastitis, face my fear of being without my ground wire.

survived my first stop, come to the white city, wonderful, where the sky is bluer, the streets are narrower, I lived almost 8 hours of that first day without saying a word to anyone until I get my friend to in the afternoon with their friends.


After completing what he had to do in Sucre, I step into the adventure. There was more to know and enjoyed because it was about two places I wanted to know long ago.

Started at 5 am bound to Potosi, the imperial villa. Knowing what was once the epicenter of the world I found one of the greatest experiences of my life, the streets, balconies, its museums, the mint, the gazebo, etc ... but our stay was short-lived gave us to know a little of the city ... another city that I see living on its past.


At noon we the direct bus to Uyuni, arriving around 6 pm the same place, we expect a terrible cold, kind of street party, some in traditional costumes some not.

Leaving the luggage at the agency where you pay the one-day tours to see the Salar, the majestic Salar de Uyuni. We made reservations at the famous Hotel de Sal and dinner.

The road salting was terrible, a mixture of fear given time that we were going, the loneliness of the road and my hysterical way of seeing life thinking that everyone could assault us given that we as tourists ... feared nothing happened. We arrived at the hotel

of salt, in the middle of the night was located perfectly in the middle of nowhere ... that nothing frightens anyone white, with the only natural light fitting ... the full moon.

Once there, I was / we feel safe ... these four walls, but cold gave us security, a very rustic heating medium heat gave us needed, kindly Angela, the cholita had been guarding the hotel, was gratifying. She told us that she was alone that night with his "tunit" ... his granddaughter who was sleeping by then. ... Gave us two rooms with three beds each, just as we entered we were six and although I preferred the six durmiƩsemos in a single bed, cold ... given the heat that we provide the contact of the six, but none approved my proposal hahaha ... maybe it was the best.

agree awakening at 6 am, just to see the sunrise. Women were the brave in the cold, more than 10 degrees below zero, woke up to see the sunrise. It was simply thrilling, builder for me. Although there are pictures and videos of the moment, I swear that the words fall short to describe the emotion at that time.

The tours we took hours later was amazing, meet interesting points as Incahuasi island shaped like a fish, coral arch, the walk on the island, reaching the top to contemplate nature quite contrary to the usual heat that exists in Santa Cruz, my hometown, it was exciting. Expected to drop us a lunch break for those hungry for knowledge, hungry for adventure. Very necessary for a photo shoot, sun burning, loving companionship.

At one stop, got off in the middle of nowhere ... understood, amid the whiteness that radiates the Salar, we did the typical pictures of optical illusions and a moment of unusual feeling affectionate, type the name of my best friends in the palm of the hand and I am the recorded image. Only his initials, as proof of that wonderful trip surreal, especially where they were with me ... in the palm of my hand written, but engraved on the bottom of my heart. After all life is two days and one must remember those who deserve it.


the end of the trip, take the road back was an ordeal, including tardiness and informality typical Creole resiliency and everything that happened, we arrived in Potosi at dawn to take another bus to Sucre and reach at dawn, then buy tickets to Santa Cruz with the bad luck of having a few hours a civic strike "mandatory" in a town away from the city.

I grabbed my luggage and I decided to walk from a village called "La Guardia" then I made a friend ... a hippie drifter who accompanied me on the journey, we went to the finger by a mile ... all free, then a bus stop for a brewery visit the city, was my lucky streak ... thus reaching almost 4 blocks near my home safely, thanked the benevolent act and take my house with the hippie wanderer.

Home sweet home, I felt comfortable once I arrived home ... it was really interesting company and the reaction of my family whom he considered "closed" because it was there with a stranger who left a glance see 3 huge tattoos, long hair and pircings. Share lunch and matches during the trip, my family happy and he was giving the reason why the famous saying: "Santa Cruz is the law of hospitality."

This is a summary of my last days, where I was on the verge of tears for various reasons, where for a specific spill a few tears wept well ... after all, as I said in any part of this post ... All matter: what you do, what they say, because after all, life is two days and need to know to live them.

next trip La Paz, this weekend, itinerary, meet new people, other talks with new friends and if given the time with old loves. More time to reflect and reaffirm the decisions made.

0 comments:

Post a Comment